۱۳۸۸ بهمن ۶, سه‌شنبه

Load already installed Windows XP using VMWare on Windows7

After almost 1 week I could boot my previously installed windows xp of my system, in a newly installed windows7 x64. I did this because my company does not enter any installed other that winXP system in it's domain. I wanted to use a win7 system and didn't have a domain admin password. So I first installed a win7 x64 on my system. Then I installed a vmware workstation 7 on that. Then tried to boot my winXP in vmware using raw disk option. I did every instruction in vmware site to add hardware profiles and blablabla. It failed because it seems that win7 dows not allow any direct access even for admin users to physical disk. I tried VirtualBox of SUN, it failed too. Trying VirtualPC of Microsoft also leads me to another failure. Finally I found a tool with file name disk2vhd.exe which converts existing partition/partitions to VHD files. Booting that file using 3 Virtual Machine softwares failed too. This files seems to need a SCSI driver. WinXP hangs after TDI.SYS with this image.
Then I found the tool winima81.exe by which I could convert my VHD file to a VMDK file. Booting using that VMDK file with vmware leads me to a Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) with message 0x0000007B (0xF8954528,0xC0000034,0x00000000). Other Virtual Machines couldn't boot neither. Then I found that the problem is with HDD driver in windows. So I enabled all drivers using this page. Then I booted it up with vmware and added a NAT network card to my virtual machine and my winXP could connect to domain and using UNITY feature of vmware I'm so happy now :) :) :)

هیچ نظری موجود نیست: